A law firm needs to protect its wins and reverse its losses on appeal. We have done that in the past and expect to do that in the future.
FLH offers reliable and cost-effective solutions for our clients’ appellate needs. By developing creative arguments and relying on our experienced team of professionals with highly persuasive writing and oral-advocacy skills, FLH puts forth a winning effort towards achieving a winning result.
Appellate work starts long before filing a notice of appeal. As appellate advocates and advisors, the Appellate Practice Group is involved in many facets of litigation, including:
- Researching complex issues
- Consulting with trial counsel to address discovery and other pretrial issues
- Preparing trial-court briefs on substantive, procedural, and evidentiary issues, including briefs for discovery motions, motions in limine, dispositive motions, and post-trial motions
- Preparing proposed jury instructions
- Working with trial counsel to preserve issues for appeal
- Preparing appellate-court briefs and cert. petitions
- Holding moot courts
- Presenting oral arguments
FLH’s experience in the appellate area is long-standing, especially in cases before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) and the Second Circuit. We possess special expertise in patent, trademark, and trade secret appeals. Our Appellate Practice Group provides clients the representation and advice required to succeed in their appeals, whether seeking a reversal or upholding a successful result in the trial court.
FLH’s Managing Partner, Ed Haug, serves as the Immediate Past President of the Federal Circuit Bar Association, a national organization for members of the CAFC bar. Before that, he was on the Association's Board of Directors. As such, he brings to the firm an intimate knowledge of the CAFC, the appellate bar, and its workings.
Our standing among the bench and bar permits us to pursue our clients’ objectives on appeal with credibility.
Recognized for our excellent track record, FLH remains a dedicated partner and trusted advisor, committed to serving our clients with integrity, innovation, vision, and success.