Ed Haug is a founding partner of Frommer Lawrence & Haug LLP and has served as the firm's Managing Partner since 2005.
Mr. Haug has been engaged in litigation and counseling involving diverse aspects of intellectual property and competition law for many of the world’s leading companies. He litigates in complex technical fields, including pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, semi-conductors and associated manufacturing equipment, e-commerce, automotive designs, GPS technology, and consumer electronics. He also counsels clients regularly in due diligence investigations.
Mr. Haug is nationally recognized as a trial lawyer and consultant specializing in pharmaceutical and biotechnology patent litigation. He has represented clients involved in patent enforcement as well as regulatory and patent challenges involving many of the world's largest selling pharmaceuticals including Zantac, Paxil, Prozac, Omeprazole, Megace, Adderall XR, Vyvanse, Neurontin, EPO, Trovax, Oxytrol, Carbatrol, and Duoneb.
Mr. Haug has substantial experience in bench, jury trials and appellate practice and has also appeared before the U.K. High Court, German Federal Supreme Court and Tokyo High Court. Mr. Haug has been a regular faculty member of the Practising Law Institute teaching all aspects of trial advocacy in patent cases.
Mr. Haug recently was appointed as an officer of the Federal Circuit Bar Association and is a regular speaker and moderator at its annual conferences around the world. He has been listed in the New York Super Lawyers Metro Edition since 2008 and has also achieved the prestigious AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®- a peer recognition that places him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Edgar H. Haug, Discovery and Related Motion Practice, Winning Strategies in Patent Litigation, 1995 (PLI, Course Handbook Series 1995 - Volume One).
- Edgar H. Haug & Steven B. Pokotilow, Considerations in Crafting An Opening Statement, in Patent Litigation, 1996 (PLI, Course Handbook Series 1996 - Volume One).
- Edgar H. Haug & Steven B. Pokotilow, Opening Statements - Demonstrations and Panel Critique, in Patent Litigation, 1997 (PLI, Course Handbook Series 1997 - Volume One).
- Edgar H. Haug, Markman and the Use of Demonstrative Exhibits, in How to Prepare & Conduct Markman Hearings, 2001 (PLI, Course Handbook Series 2001).
- Edgar H. Haug, Roger W. Parkhurst & William C. Conner, Demonstration of a Direct and Cross-Examination of a Technical Expert Contending for Obviousness, in Patent Litigation 2004 (PLI, Course Handbook Series 2004).
- Edgar H. Haug, Claim Construction and Phillips -- The ‘Ordinary and Customary Meaning’, in How to Prepare & Conduct Markman Hearings 2006 (PLI, Course Handbook Series 2006).
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (2006)
- "Breaking Down Organizational and Cultural Barriers," LES/AUTM 2006 Spring Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 10, 2006
- "Regulatory Agencies and Federal Circuit Decision-Making," Federal Circuit Bar Association 8th Annual Bench and Bar Conference, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico, June 2006
- "Trilateral Perspective on Patent Protection, Enforcement & Competition Law", Imperial Hotel, Tokyo, Japan, Sept. 28, 2006
- "The Impact of IP on Corporate Transactions," Law Seminars International's Conference, Dec. 6, 2006
- "Industry Trends in Controlled Released Pharmaceutical Dosage Form Development," Glatt Pharmaceutical Services, Ramsey, New Jersey, September 19, 2007
- Bear Stearns Annual Health Care Convention, London, England, March 11, 2008
- Intellectual Property Seminar, Qingdao, China, April 24-25, 2008
- "Procedural Differences in Europe and the US," IQPC's 4th Annual Conference on Polymorphism, Frankfurt, Germany, May 28, 2008
- "Intellectual Property,” U.S.-Japan Business Council Annual Meeting. Tokyo, Japan, October 6, 2008
- "The Global Courtroom,” IP Law Review Conference. Westin Hotel, New York City, October 29, 2008
- “Claim Construction & Doctrine of Equivalents - US Perspective,” Boehmert & Boehmert IP Training Seminar. Vier Jahreszeiten, Munich, Germany, July 7, 2011
- "Written Description, Utility Model, Validity, and Proof of Infringement in IP Adjudication," US-China Intellectual Property Adjudication Conference, Renmin University, Beijing, China, May 28-30, 2012
“America Invents Act: The Effect of the AIA on Patent Infringement Litigation,” Boehmert & Boehmert IP Training Seminar. Vier Jahreszeiten, Munich, Germany, July 2-7, 2012