Robert E. CollettiPartner
Mr. Colletti is a litigator and IP strategist with experience in numerous forums representing a wide array of companies in the technology, automotive, life science, and consumer product fields.
Robert E. Colletti is a partner in the firm’s New York office. He has an electrical engineering background and extensive experience in all aspects of patent counseling and litigation. Mr. Colletti has represented individual inventors, financial institutions, and companies that range from startups to large corporations regarding the procurement and enforcement of their intellectual property. He has litigated numerous patent infringement actions before federal district and appellate courts, as well as the International Trade Commission. Throughout his career, Mr. Colletti has represented clients in a wide variety of technologies including pharmaceuticals, semiconductor manufacturing, electronic and automotive technologies, and consumer products.
- Jaguar Land Rover Limited v. Bentley Motors Limited, C.A. No. 2:18-cv-00320 (E.D.VA)
- Dareltech, LLC v. DJI Technology Inc., et. al., C.A. No. 1-18-cv-08873 (S.D.N.Y.)
- Phoenix Licensing LLC, et al., v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., et al., C.A. No. 2:16-cv-01343 (E.D.T.X.)
- In the matter of Certain Hybrid Electric Vehicles, United States International Trade Commission (Investigation No. 337-TA-998)
- In the matter of Certain Cases for Portable Electronic Devices, United States International Trade Commission (Investigation Nos. 337-TA-861/867)
- In the matter of Certain Protective Cases for Electronic Devices and Components Thereof, United States International Trade Commission (Investigation No. 337-TA-955)
- Otter Prods, LLC v. United States, (Ct. Int'l Trade 2014)
- Otter v. ITC and Speculative Product Design, No. 14-1480 (Fed. Cir. 2014)
- Dey, L.P. et al. v. Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., No. 07-2352, ( S.D.N.Y.) No. 12-1428 (Fed. Cir.)
- Dey, L.P. et al. v. Teva Parental Medicines, Inc. et al., No. 09-008 (W.Va.)
- SmithKline Beecham Corp. v. Pentech Pharmaceuticals, No. 00-5831, (N.D.Ill.)
- Novartis v. Mylan, No. 09-3604 (D. N. J.)
- Tegal Corp. v. Tokyo Electron Ltd., Nos. 01-1019, 01-1020 (Fed. Cir.)
- Tegal Corp. v. Tokyo Electron Ltd., Nos. 00-1009, 00-1209, 00-1307 (Fed. Cir.)
- Tegal Corp. v. Tokyo Electron Ltd., No. 99-432 (E.D.Va)
- Shire Laboratories Inc. v. Corepharma, LLC, No. 06-2266 (D.N.J.)
- UCB Pharma, inc. v. Mylan laboratories, Inc., No. 04-683 (N.D.Ga.)
- Watson v. Barr, No. 08-793 (D.Del.)
- Forest Laboratories v. Genpharm, No. 08-444 (E.D.N.Y.)
- SmithKline Beecham Corp. v. Alphapharm, No. 01-1027 (E.D.Pa.)
- Colletti, Rob, and Mark Basanta . “Update: Global FRAND Terms and Standard Essential Patents.” Haug Partners, 24 Sept. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/update-global-frand-terms-and-standard-essential-patents/.
- Colletti, Rob, and Roman Khasidov . “The Federal Circuit Says Prosecution History Was Insufficient to Overcome the Claims and Written Description for Claim Construction.” Haug Partners, 18 Sept. 2020, www.haugpartners.com/article/the-federal-circuit-says-prosecution-history-was-insufficient-to-overcome-the-claims-and-written-description-for-claim-construction/.
- Colletti, Robert E., and Jessica Sblendorio. “Oil States Energy Services v. Greene’s Energy Group, LLC: What Patent Attorneys Need to Know.” IP Litigator, vol. 23, no. 5, 2017, pp. 1–3.
- Daniel G. Worley Jr. & Robert E. Colletti, "BPCIA Turns Six Years Old: Where Are We Now?", 14 PHARM. L. & INDUS. REP. (BNA) 16, at 562–79 (Apr. 15, 2016).
- Colletti, Robert, and Daniel Worley. “Why Sandoz Appeal to High Court Is Important for Biosimilars.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 18 Feb. 2016, www.haugpartners.com/article/amgen-v-sandoz-sandoz-rejects-scotus/.
- Daniel G. Worley Jr. & Robert E. Colletti, "BPCIA Primer: A Review of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act in Anticipation of SCOTUS Review in Amgen v. Sandoz", 14 PHARM. L. & INDUS. REP. (BNA) 7, at 220–31 (Feb. 12, 2016).
- Colletti, Robert, and Janice Ye. “Federal Circuit Confirms Laches Defense.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 22 Sept. 2015, www.haugpartners.com/article/federal-circuit-confirms-laches-defense/.
- Colletti, Robert, and Janice Ye. “WhitServe LLC v. GoDaddy.com, Inc.: Laches.” Haug Partners LLP, Haug Partners LLP, 6 Aug. 2015, www.haugpartners.com/article/whitserve-llc-v-godaddy-com-inc-laches/.
- "Why does e-business need IP?" Co-Author, Building and Enforcing Intellectual Property Value, an International Guide for the Boardroom, Global White Page 2004
- "Current Developments in U.S. Patent Law," Panelist, Fordham Intellectual Property Law and Policy Conference, New York, NY, April 20-21, 2017
- "United States Intellectual Property - Latest Developments and Trends", Tokyo University of Science Annual IP Forum, Tokyo, March 16, 2017
- “Current Hot News in the IP Industry: Venue, Trade-Secrets and On-Sale Bar,” New York Law Journal In-House CLE Seminar- the Yale Club of New York, New York City, May 20, 2016
- America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®
- SuperLawyers® New York Metro 2013-present
- Top Attorneys in New York - 2014
- Manhattan College, (B.S.E.E., 1991)
- Pace University, (J.D., 1998) (now known as Elisabeth Haub School of Law)
- New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Court of International Trade
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Standards Setting Committee 2018-2019
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- The Economic Club of New York